Easter egg meringue
4 egg whites
2 cups powdered sugar
Forte orange date spread
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Place a parchment paper on a cookie sheet and draw circles the size you would like your meringue eggs to be.
- Using an electric mixer whip egg whites until foamy.
- Add the sugar little at a time, while continuing to whip at medium speed.
- When the mixture becomes stiff and shiny transfer it to a large pastry bag (you can use a plastic bag with a tiny cutoff in one corner).
- Pipe the meringue onto the prepared baking sheet. Start in the the middle and pipe concentric circles until you reach the circle, then add a second layer just on the outside.
- Place the meringues in the oven. Bake for at least 3 hours, or until they are dry, and can easily be removed from the pan.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before storing in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Just before serving spread a tablespoon of Forte orange date spread in the middle.