Gluten-free crepe mix
gluten, dairy, corn, soy free
Vegan friendly (see bottom of the page)
Ingredients: millet flour, teff flour, sorghum flour, brown rice flour, glutenous rice flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, psyllium husks, coconut sugar, salt, GF baking powder
Additional ingredients: 2 eggs*, 1 1/4 cups
milk of choice, 2 Tsp oil of choice, vanilla extract (optional)
Makes 8-10 10 “ crepes
1. In mixing bowl combine flour mix and
2. Gradually add milk, oiland vanilla extract
(if using), beat until smooth
3. Let the mix sit 2 hr at room temperature
or overnight in a fridge
4. The mix will thicken, should be thinner
than pancake batter. Add milk or water if
5. Scoop approximately 1/4 cup batter into
a hot frying pan and with a circular motion
spread it evenly
6. Cook on medium heat until light brown
(2-3 min), then flip to cook the second
*It is possible to make the crepes vegan with aquafaba. It is the cooking liquid from legumes and can do wonders for vegan substitutions. To make the crepes you need to do the following:
- Whip up the aquafaba and use instead of eggs. Use 100g or 6 tablespoons for the two eggs.
- Mix the batter as above, make sure you let it sit
- Place a parchment paper on a pan (or very hot cookie sheet)
- Pour a ladle worth of batter on the paper and keep it on the heat (or in the oven).
- When the bottom looks done you are too. It doesn't seem possible to flip the crepes (we welcome any suggestion on how to do it), so let them cool down. The top will look uncooked, but its actually fine.
- Once at room temperature the crepes will become real-crepe-like and you can fold and roll them any way you want.